Derbyshire Carers Association
Please note that during the Coronavirus pandemic, Derbyshire Carers Association have had to make changes to the way they provide support.
Derbyshire Carers Association (DCA) are the lead provider for carers services in Derbyshire. They are commissioned by Derbyshire County Council and NHS health services to provide support services for carers across the county. They offer support to both those who care for an adult and Young Carers.
Please note that if you care for someone who lives in Derby City support for carers is provided by Universal Services for Carers in Derby City provided by Citizens Advice Mid Mercia
Derbyshire Carers Support Service
DCA provide the Derbyshire Carers Support Service for adult carers who care for another adult. They offer services including:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Individual support - face to face and over the phone
- Carers assessments - on behalf of Derbyshire County Council
- Awarding and administrating carer personal budgets - on behalf of Derbyshire County Council
- Support groups around the county
- Information and advice about getting a break from caring
- Training opportunities, such as First Aid and moving and handling
- Events and activities for carers
- Working in partnership with a Rothera Sharp Solicitors to provide free legal advice clinics for carers
- Support with emergency planning and help with Carer Emergency Card applications
- Working with local employers to support carers who are juggling thier role with paid employment
- A regular newsletter, Facebook (both a public page and private group) and Twitter.
Details of DCA led support groups, area offices and carer drop-in services can be found in the Carers Directory.
Derbyshire Carers also work with GP surgeries, hospitals and other local services to improve the way they work with and support carers.
You can register as carer with DCA to be kept up-to-date with news, legislation changes and events relevant to carers. You can register using the registration form on Derbyshire Carers website or contact them using the details below.
DCA can be contacted on tel: 01773 833833 or email: email@example.com
Derbyshire Young Carers Support Service
DCA's Young Carer Support service supports Young Carers and Young Adult Carers (under 25) who live in Derbyshire.
If you're a Young Carer (or know someone who is) the service may be able to offer:
- someone Young Carers can talk to in confidence
- activities and social groups
- support groups where Young Carers can meet others in a similar situtaion
- help with getting a break from caring
- support to talk to professionals who are working with the Young Carer and their family, including school, health staff and social workers
- information and advice
- help with managing school, college, going to uni or getting a job/careers advice
- support for the Young Carer's whole family and any brothers and sisters.
Carers Week 2021 - Making…
This year Carers Week runs from 7 to 14 June and the national theme is 'making carers visible and valued'. Carers…
Find out more