First Contact Derbyshire Signposting Scheme
First Contact is a free service for adults living in Derbyshire. By filling in one simple form you can be referred to a number of different organisations who can offer services, information and advice to support your independence, health and wellbeing.
What help can I get through First Contact?
The scheme is managed by Derbyshire County Council Adult Care in partnership with a variety of statutory and voluntary sector organisations including Derbyshire Fire and Rescue, Age UK, local borough and district council and many more.
The partners can provide:
- welfare benefits advice
- support for unpaid or informal carers (referral to Derbyshire Carers)
- home safety and security information
- help with arranging housing repairs and adaptations
- advice and information about existing or future housing needs
- information on local community transport schemes
- energy efficiency and warm homes advice
- smoke alarms and home fire safety checks, including escape planning
- community alarms
- information on local social groups, clubs and activities
- help to access paid employment or voluntary opportunities if you have a disability or long term health condition
- information about adult education courses
- access to the home library service
- advice on preventing falls
- information about services to support your emotional or mental wellbeing
- advice and support on how to live a healthier lifestyle, including stopping smoking, weight management, getting active, reducing alcohol intake and help with substance misuse problem
- information about local befriending services for people who are lonely or isolated
- advice and support for parents coping with young families
- support for ex-armed forces personnel
- advice for victims of bogus callers, rogue traders and scams
- help with managing daily living activities (not suitable for urgent requests for an assessment)
- information about volunteering and time bank opportunities in your area.
You can find out more about who the partners are and the services they offer in the First Contact Partner Directory.
To make a referral for yourself or the person you look after, you can fill in the First Contact form online.
Professionals can also refer the patients/clients that they are working with.
'Walk a Mile in a My Shoes'…
Derbyshire County Council are asking local carers to share their experiences and participate in a year-long empathy project…
09 Jun 17
Erewash Carers Coffee Morning…
There is a coffee morning for carers being held at the Outlook Centre, 99 Briargate, Long Eaton from 10am on Wednesday 26th…
Outlook Centre - Long…